Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In for life

All of what I do and what I am is about helping animals.

I am in this for life. For my life. For my pet's life.

And this may mean that I may have to end a life. Sadly, that is what many people focus on when I tell them I am a vet. The fact that I kill animals. 

They say something like " I can never do what you do, I just love animals too much."  As if what I do means I don't love animals. What they say hurts.  They forget (as I do sometimes) that I save alot more than I kill.

To kill .... what harsh words to describe the gentle ending to a great life,  for a pet that is in alot of pain.  Every time a pet's loses its life, it is as if a part of my soul has been chipped away too. 

"You are only human, not God", I was told yesterday.  Even God can't save our pet's lives on this Earth... he just offers us, and them a better life afterwards. 

There is no cure for death, but I hope that we make life count.