Sunday, July 14, 2019

2019 - the Mad Vet is Back!

Just a quick note to say that whilst I promised the blogging Dr Liz would be back in 2018, Dr Liz (aka me, aka the Mad Vet), decided to take a different journey.

But.... gotta love the but.

But, this time, I mean it - I am back, albeit it is mid 2019!
Dr Liz and Dirk in Tasmania (AVA conference) 2018

Why did I stop?  Well, I didn't stop writing, I just stopped publishing.  What I was writing was a bit on the dark side, the sort of thing that, whilst I could share it, would go against what I wanted this blog to be.

What I was writing was not a real reflection of me, just a reflection a frustrated, angry, very tired, version of me.  It is the sort of thing that a rational me would look at, and say "Really?"

"Really".

Like life, the last few years have been a struggle. A  hurdle, that needed an Olympic effort to get through.

Ok, I am lying!   I did stop writing alot,  but it was because I was spending my days and nights looking after the beautiful animals of the Illawarra.  Sharing what I was doing that was very difficult, because I just wanted to put my poor sore knees and feet up, watch a B grade soap opera, and have a hot chocolate at the end of a big work day.

Ok, that is a lie too. Who would've thought that the Mad Vet couldn't give a straight excuse why she promised to blog but didn't.

Moment of truth!


We have had the biggest few years of our amazing special little practice, for reasons that I cannot explain.

I have had health issues - it comes with age. (meniscal tear in a knee) (so the sore knees story is true).

I have been doing extra reading and study (because I love to study).

All of the above, meant that despite my love of writing, I couldn't publish what I wrote when I did write something (if that makes sense), it shouldn't really be shared.

Ok, truth moment is over.

So, short version is - I am honestly, really back. And excited and happy to be also!  It does not mean that all of the above reasons are no longer there, but I am going to work around all of that, to be back blogging.

Any comments or suggestions? let me know.

I am Dr Liz, and I am the Mad Vet (and the only vet)  of Bellambi!  (Be aware of imitations!)


July 2019.

PS I had to laugh when I wrote the line of "beware of imitations", as bizarrely enough, there is a vet who is calling themselves the Bellambi vet also, simply because they are targeting my area for their business.  That's cool. They say imitation is a form of flattery.