Thursday, January 10, 2013

Answer Your Cat's Questions Day

Looking through the "Calendar of Days" that I happened to find online, I was surprised to see that the 22nd of January is dedicated to "Answer your Cat's questions"

So, what questions do cat's have to ask, I pondered.

I wouldn't mind hearing what people out there think their cats would like to ask, but for the sake of this post, I have asked my three cats at home- Pusski, Fitz and Dash, as well as Pandora (the boss) at work.

 It was a surprise that, even though cats are renowned hunters, my cats decided that food was the number one question. Mostly, complaining that I don't feed them often enough during the night, as really, they are nocturnal hunters by nature, and I should be providing multiple meal opportunities through the night. So, I have deliberately avoided those kinds of questions, and went for some of the more unusual ones.

So, ladies first. This would be Dash and Pandora.

Pandora is the boss of Russell Vale Animal Clinic, and most of the time, spends her time walking up to dogs that don't actually like cats, or climbing onto the laps of clients who smell of dogs. 


Pandora the Boss
Pandora: Why did you have to fold the towels?  I was asleep on them. What can I sleep on now?

Answer: Patience, Pandora. Another day will bring another pile of towels, as you know we like our pets to sit and sleep on comfy bedding, rather than dry newspaper.  In the meanwhile, you can sleep on the bed in my old bedroom at the back!

Dashie acting all innocent.
Dash: Can you leave the shower door open a little bit when you shower?

Answer: Dashie, Dashie, Dashie.  Do you know how disconcerting it is to have a tricolour thing dash around your feet whilst you are in the shower?  And then you sit there waiting for another opportunity, with little beads of water on your head!  But, since you love it so much, Ok, we will leave the door ajar for you!

So, gentlemen are next! And these are our cats Fitz (short for Fitzgerald Darcy), and Pusski (our inherited cat).

Cats kittens at Russell Vale Animal Clinic
Mr Fitzgerald Darcy... says "Really"
Fitz:  What is a good time between 4 and 5 in the morning to wake you up so you can fill up the already -  full food bowl?

Answer: Dear dear Fitzle.  You are going to have a short life if you continue to wake me up at 4 to come in for food, and then eat, and then go out through the cat flap, to then wake me again 15 minutes later to let you back in again.  That was the long answer.  The short answer is - there is no good time! But we love you anyway.

Pusski:  How many hours have I slept today?

Pusski -
And, I forgot the 15 minutes you sat
watching a program on
Bird Watching on
Austar.
Answer: Pusski.... I know when you lived my dad, he used to sleep alot too, so the two of you were a pair made in heaven.  As for how many hours you slept, well, I was home today, and I think  you were asleep for most of the time I was awake, and I know you were at my feet for most of the time I was asleep.  So, I would put that at about 23 hours today alone.

I am sure you moved somewhere in amongst that for the usual habits of eating, drinking etc, but I still suspect you sleep for alot more hours than most!

Now, what questions would your cats ask?