Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dr Liz's Gratitude Project 2014 - Australia is the best country in the world!

Welcome to the ramblings of the mad vet of Bellambi - otherwise known as Dr Liz....

A few years ago, a concept of expressing daily gratitude came to my attention. My upbringing was always to be humble and grateful for what I had, so I had never thought I should recite it as a daily mantra.

Things that I am grateful for - my healthy and happy family
from L to R - Tegan, Sean, Dr Liz, Santa (aka Dirk), Haiden(back)
and Paige (front)
Expressing gratitude daily is often sprouted by 'happiness" experts as a means of putting perspective into our lives, and the crux of being happy.   Whilst I am not convinced that it is the holy grail to happiness, I do know that for those who have seen a darker side to life and people, it does provide an inspirational step out of the darkness.

Finding gratitude is not always easy - in fact, many days where there is cruelty and pure evil, finding something to be thankful for can be  a challenge.

 This is where the finding of something to be grateful for is inspirational - as the gratitude you feel can be something as simple as a cup of tea first thing in the morning, or the car starting on a very cold morning.

Always think of gratitude as a step up towards a happier life.  And each step is always worth it.

And when  you have more steps up compared to down, you are going to be a winner!

So, for 2014, I will publicise my gratitude project.

I am grateful that I live in a peaceful country, where there is tolerance, understanding, compassion, kindness and love --- of people ---- of animals -----of a peaceful life.

Thank you for humoring me in my "bellambivet gratitude" posts in 2014.

What are you grateful for?