Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bring Spring On

Yesterday, was a big day of "firsts" for us at Russell Vale vets.

It was the first day of Spring -- well, we have had them before - every year in fact!

It was the first Saturday of the month - nothing too unusual there.

It was our first day of our Dog Hydrobath, and we had the sum total of "zero" dogs.  But, that is due to lack of advertising the fact - and it was just as well, as Dirk spent the entire day (literally) scrubbing graffitti of our building (see an earlier blog post).

It was the day of printing of vaccination reminders, doing the birthday cards, updating invoices, and doing the stock control.   None of it directly involving touching or playing with pets.

But it was a great day for contemplation.  I, with many of my colleagues, attended a local seminar held by Animal Referral Hospital at the Novotel.

It was an interesting night where I learnt alot.  But all this learning finished at 11 pm, and for this old body, way past my bedtime.

Today - well it's Father's Day, and whilst I am not a Father, but a mother,  I am also enjoying the Sunday morning sleep in, hearing the chirping birds outside, and the soft snoring husband next to me (as I type this blog).

So, on that note, Happy Father's Day everyone. Bring Spring On!